- Creating a responsible Northwest
- Corporate Responsibility (CR) is a way for organisations to actively manage social, environmental and economic impacts on the local community, the people they employ and their stakeholders. It has become increasingly important in today's business environment that these issues are considered, but often the information and guidance, and where to go to obtain it can be confusing – especially for the smaller business.
- Liverpool Eden project brings green benefits
- Operation EDEN is a community-based environmental programme, which works to improve local neighbourhoods by bringing together a diverse range of people interested in the social, economic, environmental and spiritual wellbeing of their communities.
- Tourism hotspots get weather warning
- A new, groundbreaking study into the long-term effects of climate change across the Northwest warns that planners and decision-makers need to act now in order to offset the potential damage of global warming to a thriving, multi-billion pound visitor economy. It is the first study to give a detailed picture of how changes to our weather will impact on tourism and the natural features that often underpin it.
- Sustainable energy on the research agenda
- Sustainable energy research and development in universities across the Northwest is receiving a boost thanks to funding streams from the Joule Centre - a £5m energy technology research programme investing in best practice and research funding for the Northwest. The £600k first call for proposals on R&D in wet renewables - Wave, hydro, tidal and offshore wind - went out in January and has been well supported by university research teams.
In this edition
- News Stories